Remote sensing and GIS
In the field of remote sensing, we work on methods of image and non-image data processing, from all levels and all spectral ranges (including hiperspectral), for the purposes of environmental research and monitoring.
We deal with initial correction of images (removal of disturbing effects of the atmosphere and terrain morphology) and methods of automatic extraction of image content, including image classification methods and the use of machine learning in remote sensing. In particular, we process remote sensing images to create Land Cover Land Cover (LULC) and analyzes of LULC changes, monitoring of crops for direct payments in agriculture, impervious areas delineation, monitoring of water reservoirs, soil mositure detection, analysis of slope stability in open-pit mines, monitoring of post-mining area reclamation.
In the field of Geographical Information Science, we deal with the use of GIS (Geographical Information System) tools to support decisions. We conduct research in the field of testing algorithms of multi-criteria analysis, risk analysis, erosion modeling, data integration for population density analyzes.
Badania od 2007 roku, wcześniejsze Archiwum
- 01.01.2018 – 31.03.2019: AMMER: Automated Method for Measuring Eutrophication of Inland Water Using Remote Sensing, ESA project, research group team lider: B.Hejmanowska
- 01.01.2016 – 30.06.2017: CHT 2 : Cultural Heritage Through Time, HERITAGE PLUS Joint Call 2014: Italy, UK, Spain, Poland, coordinator of Polish Principal Investigator, PL project management: B.Hejmanowska
- 30.08.2012 – 31.01.2016: Sustainable Land and Water Management of Reservoir Catchments (SaLMaR) – Polish German cooperation, coordinator AGH: B.Hejmanowska
- 31.07.2007 – 30.11.2007: Processing airborne data to Digital Surface Model and Digital Terrain Model Joint Research Centre (JRC), Ispra, project management: B.Hejmanowska
- 22.11.2006 – 31.03.2007: Estimation of the measurement error of parcel areas measured on VHR SAR data, Joint Research Centre (JRC), Ispra, Italy, 2006, project management: B.Hejmanowska